Aussie mums and dads, has your kid visited the secret tooth fairy also known professionally as the dentist? If yes, that’s good. But if no, well it is time for them to have a little, friendly tooth appointment. You can find dental clinics all over Australia. If you’re close to or living in Victoria Point of Redland City, Queensland, you can check out several childrens dentist Victoria Point has opened up locally.
A Few Simple Facts About Children’s Teeth
As children grow, their teeth also grow. This is particularly evident when they were babies undergoing unwanted but necessary teething. Dentists and pediatricians tell parents that this process is normal — and so does the fallout of baby teeth. Children’s teeth development is experienced by all people, even you yourself or the local professional childrens dentist Victoria Point has these days!
Here are the 4 stages of children’s teeth development:
- Gestation Stage – the teeth actually starts to form it’s substance components at about 6 weeks which is the gestation period in the mother’s womb.
- Fetal Prenatal Stage – the hard tissues of the teeth like the enamel, dentin and cementum are starting to develop but not erupting yet to the gum surface.
- Post-Birth Stage – the teeth slowly starts to grow with the baby’s consumption of the mother’s milk that contains calcium essential for bone growth.
- Early Childhood Stage – children’s teeth grow. Teeth is classified into two kinds: primary and permanent teeth. Primary is known as the baby teeth and permanent teeth are lifelong teeth kids have to carry. At this period, kids with permanent teeth can have oral problems like cavity build-up that may need root canal treatment and other common teeth issues. Visit at Redland Bay Smiles
Common Teeth Problems Of Children
At this point, kids that need to have their oral health checked up are those kids within the Early-Childhood Period. You can consult your nearest childrens dentist Victoria Point has to offer regarding oral care.
Here are three common teeth problems that any childrens dentist Victoria Point expert can detect on your kids upon oral check-up:
- Tooth Decay – common with children who love to eat sweets and not brush after eating! Consuming sugary foods can lead to sugar to mix with plaque and that breaks down the enamel, the protective layer of the tooth. Maybe most of your kids have a cavity or two now. You can always find a good family dentist Victoria Point has for your kids dental care.
- Misaligned Teeth – can sometimes be caused by an accident, a genetic defect or sometimes for no reason at all. This may impact the child’s sensitivity about his or her misaligned teeth but this can still be fixed using orthodontic treatment.
- Sensitive Tooth – due to the primary teeth having a thinner enamel, tooth sensitivity is present among young children.
Appointing For A Dental Visit
Call your local childrens dentist at Victoria Point or your neighboring dentist Capalaba has on duty. You can count on the group of dentists of Redland Bay Smiles.