If you are travelling to Bangkok, chances are you need to find a nice and secure place to stay; whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. While Bangkok is quite the tourist’s paradise with a plethora of accommodation and entertainment options, booking a place that does not suit you could take all the fun out of your trip. Depending on your budget, you could choose to stay in some of the more premium areas like Sukhumvit. You can find many different types of accommodation in Sukhumvit. Depending on how much you want to spend, the purpose of your visit and your personal preferences, you can find the one that best meets your needs.
Some of the more popular hotels in Sukhumvit offer easy access from the airport to the hotel as well as from the hotel to different parts of the city. Whether you are a business or leisure traveler, staying in a hotel that is well-connected to the rest of the city, either via underground or via other modes of transport is essential. An accommodation in Sukhumvit should also be comfortable enough to recharge and refresh you after a long day of frenetic sightseeing or business meetings.
If you are trying to decide on an accommodation in Sukhumvit, keep the following factors in mind:
- Location – This is important not just for Bangkok, but anywhere in the world. As mentioned earlier, choose a hotel that is located at a transit node so that you can get to different parts of the city as easily as possible.
- It is also important that a hotel be located in an area that has a sufficient number of local shopping and entertainment options. In other words, if you are interested in the night life of the city, your hotel should be situated close to them. If you plan to shop till you drop, multiple malls within easy walking distance of the hotel are a distinct plus. It is best if the area around the hotel combines many different types of shopping and entertainment choices.
- View – Many hotels in Bangkok pride themselves with the spectacular views of the city skyline that their rooms offer. It goes without saying that it is a good idea to choose a hotel that has premium rooms on higher floors offering great views of the city.
- Dining – The hotel should have more than one restaurant offering different types of dining options. A really good hotel might have one nightclub-style restaurant featuring exotic cocktails on its menu while the other one serves a specific type of cuisine such as Italian.
- Some boutique hotels offer additional facilities like a fully equipped gym on the highest floor where you can work out while enjoying a panoramic view of the city.
- Depending on the season or specific promotions, a hotel may offer complimentary pick-up from the airport. Guests may also avail other promotions such as cheaper upgrades on their room type. It is always a good idea to inquire about ongoing promotions before confirming your booking.